While there are many establishments offering cosmetic procedures, it is always safer and better to consult a qualified doctor specializing in both medical and cosmetic dermatology. There are many salons and spas offering chemical peels, dermal fillers and botox and while they have the ability to perform the procedure, it is always safer to have these done by a Board Certified Dermatologist. You get the best of both worlds, high quality skin care as well as safety and peace of mind that your doctor knows what to do.
The question is how do you choose your cosmetic dermatologist?
1. Check for credentials. Go to a Board Certified Dermatologist, with at least a decade experience in advanced skin care and dermatology. You can search for credentials online or simply ask around your neighborhood. Personal recommendations are just as important!
2. Many dermatologists will say they are the best, you can confirm this by checking their track record and asking about their fellowship training. You can also ask for before and after pictures of previous patients.
3. Ask for the dermatologists’ area of expertise. Before you have any type of procedure done, you need to know that your dermatologists and the facility is equipped to perform them.
4. Ask about the total price of the procedure and possible touch ups or follow-ups in the future.
5. Go to a dermatologists that listens to your concerns, explains the procedure thoroughly and encourages you to ask questions. Remember, an educated client is an empowered client.
With a strong background on both medical and cosmetic dermatology, Dr. Kassab is able to give each patient comprehensive care and focused treatment to their skin conditions. For total skin care you can trust, contact us through (858) 273 2726.